Thursday, May 17, 2012

My first Frogged experience...

I attend a knitting group on Monday nights in Dennis, MA.  On the first night, not knowing anyone,  I learned about fellow knitters who love to create knitted objects like myself.  A lesson that I thought was funny was being taught to one of the younger members of our group about how and when you take apart a garment that has been knit.  The teacher was pulling out the yarn in a quick fashion and asking the student "What am I doing?"   The student replied "Ripping it out."  The teacher then said, "Now, what animal can you think of that makes the sound of ripping over and over again?"  The student said with a giggle in her voice,  "A FROG!"
Well readers, I have now had my first experience frogging my object last night.  As painful as it was, I couldn't for the life of me, fix an important mistake in my knitting work...and had to tear it out to start again.  Mixed feelings stirred in me as I felt so accomplished with my first shoulder wrap garment, (complete with gorgeous pleats) that every pull of the yarn was like playing an old video tape backwards and remembering  what I had done so far to create such a beautiful object, but yet giggling when I realized I am Frogging this and going to have to start again.   I guess the beauty of knitting is that there is no gluing or painting involved that would leave a permanent mark in my work.  No one would ever know that I had to tear out the entire first 7 inches of my wrap, and try again once it is a finished garment.  - That is, unless they read this blog (giggle-giggle).

No comments:

Post a Comment